We offer cost estimating service at any stage of the project planning process. Most of our clients want to know that their vision and design will fall within their project budget and want to be certain that an all inclusive scope is identified.
Once construction starts it is also important to control costs by not allowing change orders to spin out of control. With our many years of experience in all areas of construction, you can count on us for this control.
Our services at a glance:
Value Engineering and Constructability Review
- Provide value engineering alternatives for material types and systems identifying cost and a plus/minus analysis.
- Evaluate logistical, staging, and equipment accessibility issues to determine the effect on construction details, operations, and cost.
- Evaluate design details for constructability of materials specified as well as availability.
- Perform Estimates
and each of 3 design phases including:
- Design Development; and
- Construction Document
- Provide detailed qualitative/quantitative estimates by:
- CSI format (or other); and
- Project elements.
- Evaluate local bid market and labor force availability.
- Facilitate FF & E coordination issues affecting cost/budget.
- Establish a contingency base and identify criteria for use in conjunction with Owner.
- Assist in the selection and in prioritizing “add” alternates.
- Bid Packaging
- Outline project bid packages.
- Define scope of work.
- Estimate bid package values.
- Bid Period
- Analyze bidder list.
- Identify additional bidders.
- Contract Award Process
- Participate in bid opening with Owner and Architect;
- Tabulate bids;
- Evaluate bids;
- Participate in pre-award conferences with prime contractors.
- Confirm all prime contractor contract
- Insurance; and
- Schedule of values.
Establish a reporting format acceptable to Owner. Anticipated format to include:
- Budget versus actual;
- Change orders;
- Change order description;
- Costs to commit; and
- Track contingency.
- Establish a monthly executive summary format acceptable to Owner.
- Establish a process for approval of scope and cost visions (lines of authority).
- Review validity of requested change orders.